Family & Carers Mental Health Program
02 8599 4880
The Family and Carer Mental Health Program offers education, training and support services to family members, friends and carers of people with mental illness. We aim to improve well-being, resilience, coping skills and relationships. Services are free of charge if you support someone with mental health concerns.
The program offers 3 types of service:
1) Individual Support Workers can offer:
• One-on-one emotional and practical support and direction
• Coping strategies for family and friends
• Assistance in finding services to meet individual needs and circumstances
2) Education & Training courses:
• includes a wide range of both long and short courses designed to inform and empower family & friends of someone with a mental illness
• provide information around coping strategies for family and friends e.g. ‘Managing Stress and Increasing Resilience’
• education on specific topics e.g. ‘Substance Use and Mental Illness’ and ‘Supporting Recovery’
3) Family and Carer Mental Health Support Groups
• Support groups offer a safe place to come and talk with others who are going through similar experiences.
Individual support, Information and workshops and Support Groups
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Mental Health Services
- Respite/Carer Support
- Support group/s
Is something incorrect? Make a suggestion.